Sunday, November 23, 2008

Metamorphosis

My reactions from this story were that this is a weird book. Gregor turned into a beetle and I couldn't relate to that. At first I thought this was all a dream until Gregor said it wasn't. If I were his family, I would be scared of Gregor and run away. I thought that it was sad that Gregor died. I wish the family would have found him instead of the cleaning lady. I was mad when the family said that they were tired of helping and they were happy that he was dead. Gregor worked his whole life to help his family and they owed him. I believe that it was the family's fault that Gregor is dead because they didn't help him change back.

2 comments:

AGray said...

Hahahaha this TWAS a particularly strange book Anna. I personally didn't think I could relate to him turning into a beetle. But I think some people might actually be able to relate to him; metaphorically--not literally of course. I thought that in the story it portrayed Gregor as a straight up Outcast. He was the only one who was trying to take care of his entire family(because they were LAZYYY!!), he was hardworking and determined; and for that--he was an outcast. Because of him turning into a beetle he was obviously shoved aside more than he had been before. I think the story had to do with him a little as he was described as a complete Wierdo. And I think in society today people are judged because of how different they are. I don't know.. there's another theme that I like better myself (the importance of family and whatnot) but this interpretation was triggered by how you couldn't relate to it. Just thought I'd throw something out! Hahaha I'm lost now.. I'll just be done! Bye Anna!!!

Sami said...

I agreee Anna! I didn't think the ending of the story was good at all. I thought the same thing that the family didn't really apreciate all he had done for them before his transformation and that they didn't really do anything to try and change him back. I didn't think it was relatable either about him turning into a beetle. Just strange. Nice blog Anna!