Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election

I am so happy Barack Obama won the presidential election. This was my first year voting. I believe this is a big change for our country and it is a good change. I believe that Obama will get us out of the hole we are in and there is a brighter future for us.

This is a historic time for our country. One fact that I learned was that there were many more people who voted this election year than any other election year before. I think that more and more people should vote because one person is in charge of the country that you are living in and you want it to be a good one.


I encourage people to vote.

4 comments:

Abby said...

Anna! Congratulations on voting! What do you think Obama's next move is gonna be? What exactly is he gonna do to fix our nation?

Shauna Ohhh said...

Bomb! I was just as excited about this election as you. It was our first together, and Obama has shown up (and this is what I wrote about in my blog). I am glad you had a wonderful experience voting this year, just like i did. :)

Hannah T said...

Anna,
I can really relate to this because it was also my first time voting. I think it's amazing that for the first time ever, the turnout of voters under 30 was more than those 60 and older. I definately agree with you about how one vote can change things.

Have a good day!
Hannah

Sami said...

Anna! I'm jealous you got to vote! I was so exited for this election, but I was bummed I wouldn't be able to vote. Especially since I was so into the election. I'm glad that it turned out in your favor, because I wanted Obama to win too!:)
-Sami