Monday, December 8, 2008

Letters From War


I found a lot of interesting letters from many different wars. The letter I got were from WWI, the Civil War, and the Mexico War. The one letter that I liked the most was the one from WWI. It was about Lloyd S. who is a young man going to war for his first time. He doesn't have much, but he is tough. He is tough because he sleeps on the ground and in a ten and most of the other guys whent to hotels or houses. He is ready for anything. They have a lot chores to do and Lloyd has done a lot of them.

What I found interesting about this letter was that he had time to write his letter. It was very in depth and meaningful. I thought that they wouldn't have a lot of time because of all of the work they had to do. An unusual thing was that there were a lot of guys in one tent. I think that they need more room.

2 comments:

Winnie K said...

I think that he found time to write so that he can escape the reality of war. It would proabably suck being in war and the fact he has to do so much would make him want to escape it.

He does sound like a tough guy though. If he would rather sleep in a tent than stay in a hotel or house, kudos to him and his toughness.

Alyssa said...

I found that was interesting about my letters too. The fact that they had all this time to write about how much they missed them, or about all the bad stuff that was going on around them. What I figured was that they would have to be out there dealing with all of the bad stuff, instead of writing.