Monday, December 8, 2008

Censorship


I think that censorship is a good thing to have in this world. In my FWJ I was asked if I have ever been censored and if I have ever been denied materials because of censorship. Personally I have never been censored before, but I have been denied materials because of censorship. Some examples are at school, they block many websites that they feel are not good for the learning of others. Another example is that my parents wouldn't let me watch movies that were rated PG-13 until I was thirteen and they wouldn't let me watch movies rated R until I was eighteen.


I think that censorship has a big influence on people. When there are eight year old kids watch PG-13 movies they take things from it that they don't need to know. Some examples are weapons and swear words. Sometimes movies can give kids nightmares and they might think it was real and they would be scared for the rest of their lives.

No comments: